第241句
你是哪里人 Where are you from?
情景对话:
A:Hi! Pleased to meet you. My name’s Sue. Sue Davis.(嗨!很高兴认识你。我叫苏,苏·戴维斯。)
B:Good to meet you too. Welcome to Beijing. I’m Yan.(我也很高兴认识你。欢迎来北京。我是燕。)
A:Hi Yan. Are you from Beijing?(嗨,燕!你是北京人吗?)
B:No, but I’ve lived here for nearly ten years, so I think it’s now my home city.(不是,但是我在这里已经住了将近10年了,所以我想这里就是我的家乡。)
A:Where are you from o-riginally?(你原来是哪里人?)
B:From Harbin, in the north-east. I was born there.(哈尔滨人,中国的东北。我在那里出生。)
第242句
我是英国人。 我出生在曼彻斯特 I’m British. I was born in Manchester.
情景对话:
A:And how about you, Sue? You’re from England, aren’t you?(苏,你呢?你是英国人,不是吗?)
B:Yes, I am. I’m British. I was born in Manchester.(是的,我是。我是英国人。我出生在曼彻斯特。)
A:Ah, the home of Manchester United!(啊,曼联队的家乡!)
B:Yes, but I don’t live there any more. I left Manchester a long time ago.(是的,但是我已经不住在那里了。我很久以前就离开曼彻斯特了。)
A:And where do you live now?(那你现在住在哪里?)
B:In Cambridge. I work in a hospital in Cambridge.(住在剑桥。我在剑桥的一家医院工作。)
A:Ah, I’ve heard of Cambridge too — a very fa-mous city.(啊,我也听说过剑桥———非常有名的城市。)
第243句
我是中国人。 我是南京人。 I’m Chinese. I’m from Nanjing.
情景对话:
A:Let me introduce my friend Wang.(让我介绍一下我的朋友王。)
B:Hi Wang. Pleased to meet you. Are you from Beijing?(嗨,王!很高兴认识你。你是北京人吗?)
A:No, I’m not. I live here and work here but I’m not from Beijing.(不,我不是。我住在这里,工作在这里,但是我不是北京人。)
B:So, where are you from origi-nally?(那么,你最初是哪里人?)
A:From Nanjing. Do you know Nanjing? I was born there but I came to Beijing to go to university.(南京人。你知道南京吗?我出生在那里,但是我来北京上大学。)
B:Nanjing? No, I haven’t been to Nanjing — yet! Maybe I’ll visit it one day.(南京?不,我没去过南京———还没有!也许有一天我会去的。)
A:I hope you do. It’s a good city too.(希望你去。南京是一个不错的城市。)
第244句 我想他们是法国人 I think they’re French.
情景对话:
A:There are a lot of tourists and tour groups to-day.(今天有很多的旅游者和旅游团。)
B:Yes, I think every-where is really busy.(是的,我想到处都很拥挤。)
A:What about them? I can’t make out the language they’re speaking. It’s not English.(他们呢?我搞不懂他们在说什么语言。不是英语。)
B:Let me try to listen.(让我听听看。)
A:Do you know what the language is? Can you understand it?(你知道他们说的什么语言吗?你能听懂吗?)
B:Yes, I think they’re French. I speak a little French.(是的,我想他们是法国人。我会讲一点儿法语。)
第245句
她是韩国人 She’s Korean.
情景对话:
A:Did you watch TV last night? Did you see that singer?
(你昨晚看电视了吗?你看到那位歌手了吗?)
B:At the concert on TV?
(电视音乐会上的那位?)
A:Yes, that one. She was so good. I really liked her songs and her voice.
(是的,就是那位。她很棒。我非常喜欢她的歌和她的声音。)
B:You should buy her CD.
(你应该买她的CD。)
A:Maybe I will. Is she Chinese?
(也许我会买的。她是中国人吗?)
B:No, she’s Korean! But she’s incredibly popular in China.
(不,她是韩国人!但是她在中国相当受欢迎。)
第246句
你是哪个城市的人 Which city do you come from?
情景对话:
A:You’re American, aren’t you?(你是美国人,不是吗?)
B:Yes, I am. I’m from the States, but my husband is Cana-dian.(是的,我是。我是美国人,但是我的丈夫是加拿大人。)
A:Which city do you come from?(你是哪个城市的人?)
B:Well, I’m from Chicago originally. I was born there. But we live in New York now.(哦,我最初是芝加哥人。我出生在那里。但是我们现在住在纽约。)
A:And your husband? Where is he from in Canada?(你丈夫呢?他是加拿大哪里人?)
B:He’s from Toronto.(他是多伦多人。)
A:Ah, Toronto. I have friends in Canada, but not in Toronto — in Vancouver.(啊,多伦多。我有朋友在加拿大,但是不在多伦多———在温哥华。)
第247句
他们是欧洲人。 They're European.
情景对话:
A:There are so many tourists in Beijing now.(现在北京的旅游者太多了。)
B:Yes, I guess it's a really popular destination nowadays.(是的,我想如今这里是非常受欢迎的地方。)
A:Look at this - the hotel is full of tourists.(看这里--这家旅馆里满是旅游者。)
B:What language are they speaking? I don't quite under-stand what they're speaking.(他们讲的是什么语言?我不太明白他们在说什么。)
A:I think they're speaking lots of different languages - French, Italian, German, Spanish.(我想他们在说各种不同的语言--法语、意大利语、德语、西班牙语。)
B:Ah, they're all European.(啊,他们都是欧洲人。)
A:Yes, I guess so. From France, Italy, Spain and Ger-many.(是的,我想是这样。他们是法国人、意大利人、西班牙人和德国人。
第248句
他们是加拿大人和美国人 They’re Canadians and Americans.
情景对话:
A:What about that group? They’re speaking English, aren’t they?
(那个旅游团呢?他们在讲英语,不是吗?)
B:Yes. Let me try and listen to the accents.
(是的,让我试着听听他们的口音。)
A:British? American? What do you think?
(是英国人?还是美国人?你怎么想?)
B:Ah, they’re definitely North American — I think they’re Canadians and Americans.
(啊,他们当然是北美人———我想他们是加拿大人和美国人。)
A:So many tourists!
(这么多的游客!)
B:Well, China is really popular these days, especially with the Olympics coming.
(哦,现在中国的确非常受欢迎,尤其是奥林匹克运动会即将在这里召开。)
第249句
我喜欢泰国和越南菜 I like Thai and Viet-namese food.
A:Where shall we eat tonight? What do you like?(我们今晚到哪里吃饭?你想吃什么?)
B:I’m not sure. There’s so much to choose from.(我不太肯定。有这么多可选择的。)
A:Italian or French? I know some good Italian and French restaurants.(意大利菜还是法国菜?我知道几家非常好的意大利和法国餐馆。)
B:No, I prefer Asian. I’m just not sure which.(不,我更喜欢亚洲菜。我只是不肯定该选亚洲哪个国家的菜。)
A:Well, there’s lots of Chinese to choose from — Beijing, Sichuan, Cantonese.(哦,有很多中国菜可以选择———北京菜,四川菜和广东菜。)
B:I like Thai and Viet-namese food too — shall we try one of those?(我也喜欢泰国和越南菜———我们去尝尝其中一样好吗?)
A:Me too. Good idea. I know a great Thai restaurant in Sanlitun. Let’s go there.(我也喜欢。好主意。我知道在三里屯有一家很大的泰国餐馆。咱们去那儿吧!) |