美国口语俚语(48)
1. set someone back使某人破费
That dinner set be back sixty dollars.
那顿晚饭花了我60美元。
2. pull a fast one欺骗
He tried to pull a fast one on us, but we caught on before he got away with it.
他想要欺骗我们,但在他阴谋得逞前我们就明白了。
3. pull rank摆架子
Don’t try to pull rank on me. We’re all equals here.
别对我摆架子,这里人人平等。
4. red my lips注意听
Read my lips. I don’t like broccoli.
注意听,我不喜欢绿花椰菜。
5. burp打嗝
Don’t burp so loud. It’s not polite.
不要这么大声打嗝,那样不礼貌。 美国口语俚语(49)
1. put on airs摆架子
I can’t stand Mary. She always putting on airs because she thinks she’s better than everybody else.
我受不了玛丽。她老摆架子,因为她自以为比别人好。
2. put…on the line赔上,不惜
I’d gladly put my reputation on the line for you. You’re my closest friend.
我愿意为你搭上我的名誉。你是我最好的朋友。
3. rag烂报
The National Enquirer is a real rag.
《国家探密报》这份报纸真次。
4. chicken feed=peanuts小钱
I make chicken feed compared to you.
和你比起来,我赚的只是小钱。
5. brown-nose拍马屁
Harold is always brown-nosing the oss.
哈罗德总是拍老板的马屁。 美国口语俚语(50)
1. eye-opener令人大开眼界的事
Listening to him talk about his adventure in China was a real eye-opener.
听他谈在中国的历险令人大开眼界。
2. fake someone out骗过某人
The quarterback faked the other team out by keeping the ball instead of passing it.
四分卫持球不传,骗过了敌队。
3. fall flat失败;碰壁;未达到预期效果
His joke fell flat because no one understand it.
他的笑话没人听懂,所以没有收到效果。
4. cover for掩护
Don’t worry about mother, I’ll cover for you this time.
别担心妈妈那边,这一次我会为你掩护的。
5. bite the bullet咬紧牙关,忍受痛苦
You just bite the bullet and get it over with.
咬紧牙关完成这件事吧。 |