|  | 
 
| 点菜有两种方式,一是a la carte(随意点菜),一是tabled' hote或fixed price meal(份饭,套餐),后一种有几道固定的菜肴和饮料,价格也是固定的。它的优点就是方便快捷,点菜时只需指着菜单说:Please give me this one. (请给我来这个。)
 We want two number eights, please.
 (我们要四份第八套餐。)
 在点菜之前,一般先要份菜单:
 May I have a menu, please?
 (我可以看菜单吗?)
 如果不急于点菜,可以在服务生问到:
 Can I take your order now?
 (你现在叫点什么吗?)
 回答:
 Not quite. Could I have a few more minutes?
 (不,我可以再多等会吗?)
 需要叫菜时,可以说:
 Please take my order.
 (请接受点菜。)
 如果对当地的菜肴不熟悉,可以问:
 What is the specialty of the restaurant?
 (这家店的招牌餐是什么?)
 Do you have any special meals today?
 (今天有什么特餐吗?)
 What would you recommend? I prefer something light.
 (我想来点清淡些的,你能推荐什么吗?)
 也可以让同来的人替你作主,或是点重复的饭菜:
 I'll leave it to you.
 (我让你来点。)
 I'll have the same as that one.
 (我要一份和那个一样的。)
 自己点菜可以更随意些,例如:
 A. Could you tell me how this thing is cooked?
 (能否告诉我这道菜是怎么做的?)
 B. Lobster? It's steamed and served with our special sauce.
 (龙虾?蒸过后加上本店特制的调味料。)
 A. Is it good?
 (好吃吗?)
 B. Sure. It's a most popular dish.
 (当然,很受欢迎的。)
 A. I think I'll try some lobster, and give me some green salad together.
 (我想我来点儿吧。再给我一份蔬菜沙拉。)
 B. We have three dressings for salad. Which one would you like ?
 (我们有三种沙拉调味汁,您要哪种?)
 A. What kind do you have?
 (你们有什么?)
 B. We have Italian, French and Thousand Island.
 (有义大利,法国和千岛的。)
 A. Make it French please.
 (给我法式的吧。)
 | 
 |